Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

Black Mirror (modern take on Twilight Zone)

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Black Mirror (modern take on Twilight Zone for awright)

Postby Tyler » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:50 am

6 episodes being released end of October. I want to watch the original seasons still...
Are there certain episodes worth checking out or are they all good?
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:03 am

There are only 7 episodes. I really liked the second one. The 7th has some good continuity from the rest of the series too.
awright

Postby awright » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:53 pm

It's kind of like Twilight Zone (as referenced in the title) in that a few episodes are definitely more memorable and stand out. I think the Waldo Moment episode was mentioned on this forum somewhere once...very similar to the election this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
awright

Postby awright » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:57 pm

It's kind of like Twilight Zone (as referenced in the title) in that a few episodes are definitely more memorable and stand out. I think the Waldo Moment episode was mentioned on this forum somewhere once...very similar to the election this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:04 am

This is still on my watch list, but pretty far down. The episodes sound so interesting, but I'm never going to get around to them.
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:39 am

Season 3 is now up on Netlix
CrckrJack

Postby CrckrJack » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:00 am

awright wrote:Source of the post Watched the first episode tonight. A princess is held hostage and the demand for her release is for the prime minister to have sex with a pig on national television...

I really did not like this episode, but I will watch more whenever I have the downtime.
Tyler
Owner

Re: Black Mirror (modern take on Twilight Zone for awright)

Postby Tyler » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:49 pm

I don't remember the context, but I saw s02e02 White Bear mentioned on Reddit so I watched that. It was the episode with the child murderer reliving the same staged day over and over. It was interesting, but I didn't think the "twist" was shocking. I mean, it was out of nowhere and that's what I didn't like. There wasn't really anything pointing to that during the episode. My favorite part of the episode was the behind the scenes look at how they coordinate her day over and over again.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Black Mirror (modern take on Twilight Zone for awright)

Postby Tyler » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:45 pm

awright wrote:Watched the first episode tonight. A princess is held hostage and the demand for her release is for the prime minister to have sex with a pig on national television...

The whole time I was waiting for some plot twist or aha moment like in Twilight Zone but it delivered much differently than I expected.

Watched this tonight. I knew the plot and outcome because of people talking and it has been discussed on podcasts, but I still wanted to watch it. Very disturbing stuff, but it was an interesting story to watch. Show does a good job of showing how newer technology makes everything more available and thus harder to monitor/control.
Blue Jackets

Postby Blue Jackets » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:32 am

Relevant
More 'Black Mirror' episodes turned into Golden Age comic covers by artist Butcher Billy
http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/news ... her-billy/
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: Re: Black Mirror (modern take on Twilight Zone for awright)

Postby Tyler » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:07 pm

DannyFanny wrote:I finished the second season. I though the show was well done I'm sticking with my decision that s1e2 is my favorite.

Just finished. Such a different tone than the other 2 I've watched. I thought the world was interesting, but I wanted to see more. What's the moral, everyone is a sellout?
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:52 pm

s01e03 - Entire History of You
This may be my favorite one yet, it helps that the story is the easiest to follow. For those that haven't seen it, the episode is about having memory devices transplanted in your head. You can access any memory the same way you can access Google Photos - by date, place, person, etc. You can even display these memories on TVs for other people to watch. A vast majority of the people in the world have these devices, but some are starting to remove them because they don't want access to everything they have done.

A cool/creepy part of the episode was when parents logged into their baby's memories and checked to see if the babysitter was caring for her properly. A creepy/creepy part is when a couple is having sex and they are both watching different memories during it.

The main story is a man who suspects his wife is cheating on him and becomes obsessed with analyzing his memories, specifically of a dinner party to prove it. Really neat character drama set with science fiction technology
Tyler
Owner

Re: Black Mirror (modern take on Twilight Zone)

Postby Tyler » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:34 pm

I forgot this existed. Next time I'm looking to kill an hour by watching TV I'll turn to this.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:31 am

Philip k dicks electric dreams is in this same realm. Black mirror offers more glimpse into the worst humans can be, but dreams is more like far fetched sci-fi possibilities

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:39 am

cwilkins88 wrote:Source of the post Philip k dicks electric dreams is in this same realm.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5711280/
Had to look it up. I had no idea what you were saying. Both are british!

Return to “Shows”