Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

The Boys | Amazon | Super Hero / vigilante show - Karl Urban

Discuss your favorite shows
Tyler
Owner

Re: The Boys | Amazon | Super Hero / vigilante show - Karl Urban

Postby Tyler » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:30 am

Did we know before that Starlight needed to take energy from a source to use her power? She couldn't cauterize in an empty field, she needed to charge off a car battery first. Her power doesn't seem as useful all of a sudden. If there were no hints of this in season one, I wonder if her limitation was created just as a way to beat Stormfront. There will be a scene when we think Stormfront has zapped her to death, but she will smile and say "thanks for the charge" and hit her back with a light sonic boom. Kimiko will then hop in to rip her head off. I feel like she earned the finishing move based on this season.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:34 pm

.Image
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:43 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Did we know before that Starlight needed to take energy from a source to use her power?

I was curious about that too, I don't remember that ever being established.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post There will be a scene when we think Stormfront has zapped her to death, but she will smile and say "thanks for the charge" and hit her back with a light sonic boom.

I hate you if this happens.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:47 pm

wags83 wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Did we know before that Starlight needed to take energy from a source to use her power?

I was curious about that too, I don't remember that ever being established.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post There will be a scene when we think Stormfront has zapped her to death, but she will smile and say "thanks for the charge" and hit her back with a light sonic boom.

I hate you if this happens.
Gdi. Thanks for spoiling s02

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:04 am

s02e07 - holy shit. Let's skip right to it, who exploded the heads?! Was it Cindy who escaped last week? Who organized it? I don't think it was Homelander, he seemed shocked and joyed by the heads, but maybe also trying to find the supe behind it to laser him/her? Was it Stormfront? Maybe even the church cult?

The Almond Joy stuff makes more sense. Maeve effortlessly force fed him that. She must be way more powerful than him? Will Noir tell Homelander? Is he dead?
Black Noir covered in burns? Speaking of burns, Lamp Lighter being able to produce fire, but not be fire proof is a horrible power! Will miss his character, he was good in just these 2 episodes.

Did The Depp check to make sure his head wasn't exploded? Lol I love how dumb he is.

Was Butcher full of it when he threatened Vogelbaum? Or would he have killed everyone in that man's life?

The opening to the show was way too real, showing how people can be radicalized by their echo chambers

Stormfront and Homelander kidnap the boy. Later they are both at the hearing. I like to think they had to find a babysitter for him
goldenrod

Postby goldenrod » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:07 am

Tyler wrote:s02e07 - holy shit. Let's skip right to it, who exploded the heads?! Was it Cindy who escaped last week? Who organized it? I don't think it was Homelander, he seemed shocked and joyed by the heads, but maybe also trying to find the supe behind it to laser him/her? Was it Stormfront? Maybe even the church cult?

The Almond Joy stuff makes more sense. Maeve effortlessly force fed him that. She must be way more powerful than him? Will Noir tell Homelander? Is he dead?
Black Noir covered in burns? Speaking of burns, Lamp Lighter being able to produce fire, but not be fire proof is a horrible power! Will miss his character, he was good in just these 2 episodes.

Did The Depp check to make sure his head wasn't exploded? Lol I love how dumb he is.

Was Butcher full of it when he threatened Vogelbaum? Or would he have killed everyone in that man's life?

The opening to the show was way too real, showing how people can be radicalized by their echo chambers

Stormfront and Homelander kidnap the boy. Later they are both at the hearing. I like to think they had to find a babysitter for him
Was definitely a crazy ending. Is it the season finally next week or are there more than 8 episodes.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:44 pm

goldenrod wrote:Source of the post Is it the season finally next week or are there more than 8 episodes.

Last episode of the season next week. AHH!!!! I want more!
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:29 pm

Watching now. LotR reunion with Billy Butcher's dad being the guy who played Denethor!
wags83

Postby wags83 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:06 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post who exploded the heads?! Was it Cindy who escaped last week? Who organized it? I don't think it was Homelander, he seemed shocked and joyed by the heads, but maybe also trying to find the supe behind it to laser him/her? Was it Stormfront? Maybe even the church cult?

Oh shit! Just finished the episode. I would guess Cindy from the compound being that that sort of telekinesis seems to be her power. I don't think it was anyone in the court room that we saw.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post The Almond Joy stuff makes more sense.

I thought that part was pretty funny. This seemingly invincible super soldier taken down by a nut allergy. I was always curious what Black Noir's power technically was, he just seems to be super strong and invulnerable as we saw when he got torched by the super terrorist and it didn't really affect him.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post The opening to the show was way too real, showing how people can be radicalized by their echo chambers

I had watched "The Social Dilemma" right before watching this, so it was extra real.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:18 am

Didn't Cindy blown up entire bodies, not just heads? I think the dead CIA agent from the first few episodes in the season (also from last season) had her head exploded too - and Cindy would have been in the hospital then. Unless she was let out for this mission
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:10 pm

s02e08

Such an episode! Becca being killed by her son. Congresswoman being the head popper. Stormfront half dead and captured!

Some other takeaways:
-Homelander using The Deep's action figure for Ryan's laser eye practice was great.
-Homelander isn't a horrible dad? I hate that I felt he was a decent dad when he flew Ryan out of Planet Vaught and shared that story of crying when he was in his first crowd. Continues to show Antony Starr is an incredible actor
-Speaking of acting range, Carl Urban when Ryan killed his wife. The look on his face! Wow.
-Homelander NOT being okay with white genocide. Even that is too far for him, which shows us we have at least another season before he turns on all humans and rules over them
-Girls get it done scene was 100x better in this than the one in Endgame.
-What is Congresswoman's end game? Is she working with Vaught CEO? I love how we all thought the church leader was going to crush the Fresca can with his mind proving he was the head popper, but nope! I guess this reddit guy predicted most of it
-I guess the jerk off scene was filmed for s01?

Amazing ending. Amazing series. I love this show. Once we finish talked about s02 I want to make a post about all of the BS story elements that I totally didn't care about because the show is so fun and well acted. Stuff that I would have bitched about for an hour if it happened on The Walking Dead or a show like that.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:27 pm

I re-watched the bit between Ryan laser eye practice and Homelander letting them go in the woods. That 20 minute stretch is so good! I appreciate the 3 girls beating the shit out of Stormfront even more (and there was a bit in there where I truly thought my "thanks for the charge" prediction was going to happen). And Butcher was fully going to kill Ryan up until the point Ryan went to him for protection against Homelander. All of it, so good!
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:27 am

Tyler wrote:I re-watched the bit between Ryan laser eye practice and Homelander letting them go in the woods. That 20 minute stretch is so good! I appreciate the 3 girls beating the shit out of Stormfront even more (and there was a bit in there where I truly thought my "thanks for the charge" prediction was going to happen). And Butcher was fully going to kill Ryan up until the point Ryan went to him for protection against Homelander. All of it, so good!
I was watching and I'm like gdi Janelle, she's going to say it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
goldenrod

Postby goldenrod » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:04 am

Definitely wish the seasons were longer than 8 episodes. I liked A-train in this episode. The jerking off scene was great lol.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:12 pm

A-Train story was great. He saved the day for sure by getting them that folder and then getting back into The 7 instead of The Deep. Great stuff. Does this mean A-Train is fully healthy?
wags83

Postby wags83 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:21 pm

Lol, I was so relieved when "Thanks for the charge" didn't happen. But that was a fun girl power scene.

Really interested in seeing what happens with Deep. I like to think he'll become an incompetent, comedic-relief super villain.

Also, Black Noir is apparently still alive, so that question was answered. Not clear if he'll make a comeback or not.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:58 pm

wags83 wrote:Source of the post But that was a fun girl power scene.

It was brutal. The 3 of them just kicking her when she was on the ground. Great stuff when the heroes resort to something that is usually only reserved for the bad guys

wags83 wrote:Source of the post Black Noir is apparently still alive, so that question was answered. Not clear if he'll make a comeback or not.

I read a comic spoiler about him that was really interesting. The article said the show likely isn't going in that direction since Ryan's relationship is so different in the show vs comic. Want me to say it in spoiler tags?!
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:30 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Once we finish talked about s02 I want to make a post about all of the BS story elements that I totally didn't care about because the show is so fun and well acted. Stuff that I would have bitched about for an hour if it happened on The Walking Dead or a show like that.

There were many things that briefly took me out of the show this season, but I was always quick to forgive or overlook them, because the show is so fun that it doesn't always need to sweat the details.

-In the first episode of the season MM tells Hughie how dumb he is for going out in public. They are wanted men and need to stay in hiding. The rest of the season they are all out and about with no disguises. They are never spotted and never are careful
-People go rogue with no consequences all the time. Starlight took out her tracker and was able to hide easily out in the open. Gets back on the team (which I love actually)
-Blackmail. When in doubt, just blackmail. It works 90% of the time, even on Homelander. It was a nice change when they tried blackmailing the politician in the finale and he said "if you have of me having sex with the nanny, release it please. I don't want this job anymore"
-Inconsistencies with supes powers. Are all supes bullet proof? How was Lamplighter not fire proof? Starlight's charge ability still confuses me. How doesn't Homelander just catch everyone instantly?
-Rebecca escaping the fake town and finding Butcher so easily
-How are people outrunning Homelander ever? In the final episode they did it like 3 times.
-Where did Maeve come from in the final episode?
-Hughie gets impaled when his van barely rolls once, but MM, Becca, and Ryan are fine when their vehicle is thrown 400 feet.
wags83

Postby wags83 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:44 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Want me to say it in spoiler tags?!

Yes. But I won't read it.....

Or will I.........?

Yes I will.
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:28 am

wags83 wrote:Source of the post
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Want me to say it in spoiler tags?!

Yes. But I won't read it.....
Or will I.........?
Yes I will.

► Show Spoiler

Return to “Shows”