Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Discuss your favorite movies
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:05 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post -100% okay with the hearing aid being the device that took them down. Dad spent years building a hearing aid for his daugther and it saved their lives. If only the girl realized it sooner!

My problem with this, is it's a very 'Signs' ending. Like, almost seems copied.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post -All of the little soundproofing techniques used. Mattress, rafters were stuff with stuff, kids plastering the walls with newspaper

It drove me crazy that they just didnt soundproof more and live in the basement. They were banking their entire existance on bringing this baby into the world and THEN testing it out.
Tyler wrote:Source of the post BLIND. ATTACKS SOUNDS. WEAKNESS? Did Krasinki have no faith in the audience?

This could've been written on day one, but after that, its...pretty f'n obvious.
cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:08 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post -there is zero reason for a nail to be like that. I originally thought it was a splinter from the laundry catching (which would make sense), but a nail is silly

It wasn't even in a spot where the boards connected.

I thought a lot of this movie was really good, but once you start thinking about it, it gets just okay.

Not sure why they wouldn't live next to a river...or like, on a house boat or something and scavenge. Planting is way too loud. Digging is way too loud.

Even if you COULD safely yell next to a waterfall, are you really going to do it!?

I give this movie a 7/10. (The descent was a better sound based humanoid monster movie)
Tyler
Owner

Re: A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby Tyler » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:51 am

Found this book at Jocelyn's school. They did a really poor job of staying true to the source material

cwilkins88
Top Contributor

Postby cwilkins88 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:50 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Found this book at Jocelyn's school. They did a really poor job of staying true to the source material

That's probably just the kid with the rocket, unaware he's about to get rekt.
DannyFanny
Top Contributor

Postby DannyFanny » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:43 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post My podcast dudes were pretty hard on this movie. They said it was so good to being perfect that they couldn't help pick it apart for only being "good".

Things that they pointed out that we haven't:
-how exactly did the basement flood? Why was there a giant barrel of water there?
-how did the creature get into the flooded basement?
-there is zero reason for a nail to be like that. I originally thought it was a splinter from the laundry catching (which would make sense), but a nail is silly

I need to get this out of the way. It was oxygen for the baby.

The nail and the basement flooding really took me out of the movie.

The Nail:
-pointing the wrong direction
-not evening in a logical place on the stairs
-looks almost brand new
-sticking out way too far

The Basement:
-flooded way too quickly

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief for most of the movie but these are things that don't make sense in any universe. Unless the universe is the universe of people randomly pounding nails in the wrong direction in the middle of stair cases but you have to be extra quiet when doing it so the evil space monsters don't ear you, then I guess that makes sense. I retract my criticisms.
Tyler
Owner

Re: RE: A Quiet Place (2018) - John Krasinski to Write, Direct and Star With Emily Blunt in Paramount Thriller

Postby Tyler » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:25 pm

DannyFanny wrote:Unless the universe is the universe of people randomly pounding nails in the wrong direction in the middle of stair cases but you have to be extra quiet when doing it so the evil space monsters don't ear you, then I guess that makes sense. I retract my criticisms.

Lolol. Thanks for clearing that up. It is now a flawless movie
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor

Postby Blue Jackets » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:24 am

John Krasinski Is Writing ‘A Quiet Place 2’
That wasn’t what the filmmaker/actor intended. As he explained, Krasinski planned for the first film to be a one-time experience, despite the studio’s quick moves to greenlight a sequel. “That was my intention for the movie itself,” Krasinski said. “Then I had this small idea for a sequel, but I didn’t think it would go anywhere. So, I said to the studio, ‘Just go do the movie with somebody else.'”

But while the studio was taking pitches from other filmmakers, Krasinski’s idea stayed with him and eventually he filled in producer Andrew Form of Platinum Dunes. “They heard some pitches, and I told Drew about this little idea,” Krasinski said. “And he told me to think about it a little longer. And then I thought, ‘This might really work.’ So, I’m currently writing the sequel.”
Tyler
Owner

Postby Tyler » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:31 am

I didnt realize they shopped around for a new writer. Awesome it came back to Krasinkski

Return to “Movies”