Help us keep the lights on by shopping at Amazon

TWD - s09 news

Discuss your favorite shows
User avatar
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor
Posts: 4317
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 am
Contact:

TWD - s09 news

Postby Blue Jackets » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:44 am

The Walking Dead Will Be a ‘Very, Very Different Show’ in Season 9

There has been a lot of talk about The Walking Dead becoming a completely different show for season nine. What are the specific ways it will be different? Will there be a time jump, will they rebuild Alexandria, or will there be a completely different home for Rick’s people?
You know, Angela Kang is our new showrunner, and I just don’t want her to kill me. I can say just, generally, that the show will evolve. The stories are evolving. The things that they’re facing are evolving. The stakes are even higher because of what they’re all trying to do, and how they come into conflict with big things. Yes, there’s some unfinished business from this season, but that isn’t the big, big drive. I’m just very excited to break some new ground, to see them tackle very, very different issues, problems, and conflicts than we’ve seen in the last eight years. It is just going to be a very, very different show.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28792
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: TWD - s09 news

Postby Tyler » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:07 am

S08 ended 5 minutes ago and we are already talking about s09?! Guys...I bet the snow isn't very very different
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11072
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

TWD - s09 news

Postby wags83 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:04 am

The difference is that they are going to be fighting within the group this time. Everything else will follow the same formula.
User avatar
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor
Posts: 4317
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 am
Contact:

TWD - s09 news

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:46 am

'The Walking Dead's Lauren Cohan to Return for Season 9
Lauren Cohan, who plays Maggie Greene on The Walking Dead, revealed at CinemaCon in Las Vegas on Tuesday night that she will indeed be returning to the AMC drama. While stars Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus had previously signed on for season 9 — which begins filming next week — Cohan had been a holdout as she negotiated for a better deal.

When Cohan joined the ABC pilot Whiskey Cavalier, her future on TWD became even more tenuous. However, the actress was at CinemaCon to promote her upcoming movie Mile 22 with Mark Wahlberg, and when asked about her status for the upcoming season 9, she revealed that she will be back.

“I’m going back,” Cohan told EW. “There’s a lot more Maggie story to tell.” As for what viewers can expect? “You know we’re not allowed to tell you anything, but it’s good,” she teased.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28792
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

TWD - s09 news

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:19 am

Shucks. It would have been hilarious if she left the show for something better
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11072
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

TWD - s09 news

Postby wags83 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:39 am

Tyler wrote:Source of the post Shucks. It would have been hilarious if she left the show for something better

Well, it wouldn't have been "Whiskey Cavalier" because that show sounds worse than TWD.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28792
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: TWD - s09 news

Postby Tyler » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:18 am

wags83 wrote:
Tyler wrote:Source of the post Shucks. It would have been hilarious if she left the show for something better

Well, it wouldn't have been "Whiskey Cavalier" because that show sounds worse than TWD.
Lol. I was trying to imply that. Isnt Whiskey just a pilot? Maybe she knows it will suck so might as well stay with the stable gig
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11072
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

TWD - s09 news

Postby wags83 » Tue May 29, 2018 4:46 pm

Season 9 will be Andrew Lincoln's final season. Sounds like a good stopping point for me.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28792
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: TWD - s09 news

Postby Tyler » Tue May 29, 2018 4:50 pm

wags83 wrote:Season 9 will be Andrew Lincoln's final season. Sounds like a good stopping point for me.
Damn. His choice or the shows? Guess we need to stick with it.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11072
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

TWD - s09 news

Postby wags83 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:14 pm

Tyler wrote:
wags83 wrote:Season 9 will be Andrew Lincoln's final season. Sounds like a good stopping point for me.
Damn. His choice or the shows? Guess we need to stick with it.
Sounds like his but I only read a short article. Might be more info out now.
User avatar
Blue Jackets
Top Contributor
Posts: 4317
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:27 am
Contact:

TWD - s09 news

Postby Blue Jackets » Wed May 30, 2018 6:45 am

Andrew Lincoln will be growling his way through the post-apocalyptic setting for just one more season before calling it quits. And while we won’t be spoiling just how the series’ founding character makes his exit, we do know that fans can only expect to see Lincoln in half-a-dozen episodes of the upcoming season. Maggie will also be in only 6 episodes

To fill the void in the show’s leading man status, we’re also hearing that AMC has offered substantial compensation to long-running series star Norman Reedus to not only stay on board, but to take over the show’s leading role.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28792
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: TWD - s09 news

Postby Tyler » Wed May 30, 2018 7:03 am

That's pretty major if those characters are only on for the first half.

Norman can't carry the show. The character hasn't spoken more than 4 lines in 2 years. He just makes animals sounds now.
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11072
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

TWD - s09 news

Postby wags83 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:56 am

Good. Maybe they're getting the hint that they should end the show. This is coming from a guy who still watches.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28792
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: TWD - s09 news

Postby Tyler » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

wags83 wrote:Good. Maybe they're getting the hint that they should end the show. This is coming from a guy who still watches.
I think they still make soooooo much money in merch that they won't be stopping soon
User avatar
wags83
Moderator
Posts: 11072
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Contact:

TWD - s09 news

Postby wags83 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:02 am

Danai does big Hollywood movies. She is better than this show.
User avatar
Tyler
Owner
Posts: 28792
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Re: RE: TWD - s09 news

Postby Tyler » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:50 am

I disagree because the premiere was real bad. I do keep reading the show is "good" now because of the new show runner. They aren't getting me back tho
User avatar
cwilkins88
Top Contributor
Posts: 3904
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:21 pm
Contact:

TWD - s09 news

Postby cwilkins88 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:13 pm

Tyler wrote:Source of the post
I disagree because the premiere was real bad. I do keep reading the show is "good" now because of the new show runner. They aren't getting me back tho


Janelle stopped watching, and I'm an episode behind. Time to sever the ties?

Return to “Shows”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests